Interview with Lisa Snellings-Clark with Paul Fischer and Martha Holloway
Recorded via phone, in our Vienna, VA studio.
Main Site – http://www.lisasnellings.com/
Blog – http://slaughterhousestudios.blogspot.com/
Gallery Site – http://lisasnellingsgallery.com/
- Newsflash – Our main hotel is sold out. Please visit the Balticon website for up to date information on the hotel situation.
- Lisa started doing art full time 14 years ago when her Daughter Aubry was born.
- Her degree is in Microbiology.
- Her older sister and brother also went into science.
- For one magic year they all worked for the same pathologist.
- Her first job was working for a pathologist in a small town morgue.
- Her artwork show the influences from her first job.
- Really early Sci-Fi is one of her influences.
- Renee Magritte for his playing with reality and perspective.
- John Cage for his music and art.
- People who step outside and change our perception of reality are also inspirations.
- Lisa is moving from sculpture to what Neil Gaiman calls two and a half dimension art.
- She’s a newbie at Photoshop, but she’s limiting her exposure to it for now.
- Lisa is very focused and has given herself a steady schedule to work within.
- PROMO: Escape Pod
- Getting sucked into video games
- Lisa plays Rez as a brain brake.
- Music she likes, John Cage, Pink Floyd, Chemical Brothers, Neutral Milk Hotel, Floging Molly. It gets her brain running.
- She chooses her music based on what she needs.
- Lisa lives out in the Southern California dessert.
- Lisa enjoys seeing art appear in front of her.
- Lisa is a constant photographer. She’s rarely post to her blog without including a photo.
- Night time in the dessert is beautiful. Her development doesn’t allow streetlights so people can watch the stars at night.
- Dessert wildlife: Roadrunners, scorpions, black widow and sun spiders.
- She had rain sprinklers installed at her home. It rains twice a day.
- PROMO: Geek Fu Action Grip
- PROMO: The Seanachai
- PROMO: Tee Morris
- She gets crazy clouds and lightning storms.
- Ligntning storms and natural glass. Lisa tries to avoid the kill zone.
- “Sisters” is calling Paul’s name.
- The half dimension in two and a half dimension art.
- We are the first Sci Fi convention to have its own podcast
- Art is experimenting and knowing when to stop.
- Lisa empties the dishwasher with only the power of her mind.
- Breaking through barriers expands the mind.
- Rats all over the house. Rubber rats.
- The Harliquins and Rats are her day job.
- Lisa’s book projects.
- She has many projects in the works.
- Lisa will be doing a workshop and a lecture at Balticon 40, plus a lot of other things.
- Lisa likes hanging out with people who read.
Opening Music by Bottomland
Music track – Ikea – by Jonathan Coulton