Scientist and inventor Dr. Robert Fischell talks about the medical devices he has invented and how they are changing lives.
Recorded live at Balticon 40.
- Inventer of several medical devices.
- Invented an internal insulin pump for diabetics so they could be normal
- Diabetes runs in his family.
- The pump is placed in the abdomen
- Unfortunately it’s only available outside the US
- We talk about how he designs medical devices
- He has also invented a computer to control epilepsy. It get implanted in the brain and he feels it’s the closest thing to sci-fi that he’s done.
- PROMO: Morevi: The Chronicles of Rafe and Askana podiobook. Also available in print.
- PROMO: I Should Be Writing
- Moving into the sci-fi realm, what if we apply this computer to parkinson’s
disease, OCD, depression, or any disease of the brain
- They can sell a lot of them if they can interface with the centers of sexual pleasure
- MUSIC: Doctor by BLOOM. Courtesy of The Podsafe Music Network